1.) I got a gym membership. So, I put it to good use by going with my mom this morning. I felt like a loser with the lack of weight I was lifting, but it was grand to be back in a gym, sore, but grand.
2.) I got to spend some much needed time with Jesus this morning. I sat on a bench by the river and He showed me 1 Samuel 7:12. "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far has the Lord helped us." Now, that may not seem like some life-changing verse, but I had heard it explained before as Samuel set up that rock so that he could remember that God had been faithful and helped him all along up until that point, and He wasn't going to stop. For me, it reminded me that today, June 7, 2013 the Lord has been faithful to me till now, and you guys, I don't think...no, I know He's not going to stop. There's more to come. More love to Him, more hope and more joy!
3.) My grandpa's face when he laughs. It's so cute. His blue eyes start to water, and he just can't stop. Love him.
4.) All things green in this summer weather. It makes me happy.
5.) A good cup of coffee and good friends to laugh with.
6.) Today I got to go to the mall (which never happens) with some pretty fun people. We played really expensive guitars (and I tried really hard not to scratch them in any way), had lunch, and went into all these funny little shops that only the mall could possibly have. My personal favorite- Furry Babies. Guys, my new obsession just might be puppies.



Gahh, they were so cute. Not that my dog isn't cute, but this is an everyday face for Scout.
4.) All things green in this summer weather. It makes me happy.
5.) A good cup of coffee and good friends to laugh with.
6.) Today I got to go to the mall (which never happens) with some pretty fun people. We played really expensive guitars (and I tried really hard not to scratch them in any way), had lunch, and went into all these funny little shops that only the mall could possibly have. My personal favorite- Furry Babies. Guys, my new obsession just might be puppies.



Gahh, they were so cute. Not that my dog isn't cute, but this is an everyday face for Scout.
7.) The fam made s'mores around a campfire tonight. This of course showed how impatient I am, since I burn the marshmallows right away just so I can have chocolate, but "c'est la vie." I like em' burnt.
8.) I played my own guitar tonight (totally scratch-able), and well...I'm still not anywhere close to being good, but I gotta say that playing guitar is one of the nicer things in life.
And last but not least...
9.) Jesus also showed me this on that bench by the river- 1 Peter 2:9
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
...I am chosen, royal, holy, and I belong to God because of His work of calling me out of the filth I was in so that I could stand in His crazy love and grace and be filled with the fullness of all He is...
I'd say that's certainly something to be thankful for.

No comments:
Post a Comment