Sunday, November 3, 2013

And this weekend was lovely. Lovely in it's purest form. 

So much joy, and laughter and music

This weekend was a weekend appreciating the place where I am at...and not so much place as in location (since I wasn't really at Taylor a whole lot), but place as in my heart. Where I am putting my thoughts and heart and time, I really appreciate that. 

I can remember being told before I came to this haven in the cornfields to soak up every minute that I had here. 
Every conversation.
Every person.
Every story.
Every late night. 
Every minute. 

And even though I'm trying to soak up everything, I feel like I'm failing...that even those conversations and people, stories and late nights, and all those minutes that I'm trying so hard to appreciate and take in are suddenly slipping away way too quickly. 


And yes, I do still have 2.5 more years at this place, but I'm already missing it. Each moment that I recognize as a future memory can't quite stay long enough for me to grasp it and hang onto the joy involved. 


And yes, I am possibly being a little too emotional, or a bit too sentimental, but like a sponge I want to soak up everything that is a part of this season of life. Including the things I don't necessarily like. To experience fully all that November 3rd, 2013 brings to me. I want to experience that. Every day. 


To live fully right where I am at. 

And to find that at the end of all this appreciating each moment, and soaking in each aspect of the present, I am left...
sopping wet, full of life. 








No comments: