Ever meet one of those families whose entire world revolves around one sports team?
Like their house is painted their teams colors, and they have signed jerseys and all that stuff?
Like their house is painted their teams colors, and they have signed jerseys and all that stuff?
Ya.
You know what I'm talking about.
Well, my family is not like that..usually, and by usually I mean
that tennis is our one exception.
Luckily, you can't really paint a house the color of a tennis team
or player, but you can keep tennis on 24/7 and that's pretty much what we
do.
My Dad went to a tennis academy in Florida when he was a teenager,
and was planning on playing tennis professionally until the Lord asked him to
be a pastor. However, his love for tennis stayed the same and was passed down
to his kids.
Now, I know what you're thinking.. "Does she play?"
The answer, is no. BUT,
I do absolutely love to watch, and this time of year is possibly one of my favorite times to do
so.
People, it's Wimbledon time! Now, that means British accents, very
white clothing, strawberries and cream, and the grunts and screams (...oh those
girls) of players as they try to win every game.
Gotta love it.
Maybe one of these years I'll go to the actual event, but for now
I'm enjoying the tradition of Wimbledon with my family right here at
home.
(Go, Murray!)


No comments:
Post a Comment